|Position: Apprentice Mechanic
Performs as mechanic's helper under direct supervision of experienced/qualified mechanic in the areas of maintenance, repairs, and/or rebuilding of Caterpillar and other assigned equipment until qualified to work independently.
- Lifts parts and equipment components that weigh a maximum of 70 pounds when assisting mechanics or working alone to make repairs to equipment.
- Performs various mechanical functions, under supervision, to make repairs or rebuild components using appropriate tooling.
- Operates construction machinery to move same in and out of shop service bays and test for performance.
- Operates material handling equipment as required.
- Reads and comprehends technical data/service manuals and writes legibly.
- Learn to use all test equipment and procedures to correctly and safely make repairs.
- Keep work area clean and orderly while following all work safety rules and procedures.
- Project a positive company image by interacting with fellow employees, customers, and management in a cooperative, supportive and courteous manner; display an attitude of professionalism; comply with company dress code.
- Ensure accuracy of work orders by charging parts and labor to proper work order segment.
- Required to work overtime when needed.
- Accumulates contaminated dirt and filters in drums. Complete stock transfer and transport full drums by forklift to Hazardous Waste Storage area.
- Works with hazardous waste and receives Hazardous Waste Training every year.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Complete the "Tech Pro" program in order to advance to a Shop Technician.
Personal protective equipment and environment:
Safety glasses and steel toe shoes.