Positon: Service Writer
Receives incoming inquiries concerning the repairs of all types of equipment. Promotes and solicits repair work for the Service Department. Guides and advises customers of work to be performed that results in a timely repair while providing the greatest value for customer and Whayne.
- Excellent PC skills- knowledge of Excel and Word required
- Strong computer, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Projects a positive company image by interacting with fellow employees, customersand management in a cooperative, supportive and courteous manner, displays an attitude of professionalism; complies with company dress code.
- Interview the customer to determine the cause and nature of the repair and propose to the customer the kind of work that should be performed along with the cost or estimate of the job. Determine if repairs are warranty or revenue and advise customer.
- Coordinate/schedule work to be performed in the shop along with setting up an maintaining a work order to ensure efficient repairs and shop operations.
- Climb underneath and on top of trucks and equipment to look at damage and retrieve information.
- Receive phone and personal customer inquiries, serving as a consultant on problems.
- Schedule incoming work for customer directly and for the engine parts and service representative by working with the shop foreman to determine shop space and personnel availability.
- Maintain a working schedule of incoming work and work in progress which provides current information to the shop foreman, Service Manager, and the customer.
- Solicit work, estimate repair costs, offer repair options to the customer and document details of conversations and events.
- Determine warranty and/or revenue status of both incoming and ongoing work.
- Initiate all service work orders, and maintain the work orders when other repairs added.
- Review all on highway and commercial work orders before closing, making necessary changes. Close and approve work orders to be invoiced.
- Calculate C.O.D. repair orders and collect monies due.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Personal protective equipment and environment:
Safety glasses in designated areas.
Equipment service and repair environment.