Position: Apprentice Technician Co-Op
This is a part-time position for individuals pursuing a degree in an approved post-secondary Diesel Technology program.
Co- Op Qualifications:
- Must be a high school graduate (2.5 or higher GPA)
- Must be available for standardized pre-enrollment testing at local community college and at Whayne Supply Company or Walker Machinery Company
- Must be able to pass drug screen, and background check.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English
- Ability to operate a P.C. (Windows, Excel, Word)
- Must maintain high integrity and accountability standards
Co-Op Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Performs various mechanical functions, under supervision, to make repairs or rebuild components using appropriate tooling.
- Operates construction machinery to move same in and out of shop service bays and test for performance.
- Operates material handling equipment as required.
- Reads and comprehends technical data/service manuals and writes legibly.
- Learn to use all test equipment and procedures to correctly and safely make repairs.
- Keep work area clean and orderly while following all work safety rules and procedures.
- Project a positive company image by interacting with fellow employees, customers, and management in a cooperative, supportive and courteous manner; display an attitude of professionalism; comply with company dress code.
- Ensure accuracy of work orders by charging parts and labor to proper work order segment.
Accumulates contaminated dirt and filters in drums.
- Complete stock transfer and transport full drums by fork-lift to Hazardous Waste Storage area.
- Works with hazardous waste and receives Hazardous Waste Training every year.
- Recommend to manager ideas to improve the departments operating procedures or business practices and participate in and support continuous improvement of all related activities and processes
- Project a positive image by interacting with fellow employees, customers, and management in a cooperative, supportive, and courteous manner; display a professional attitude; comply with company dress code.
- Create and maintain good communications (verbally and in writing) and relationships with other company departments, branches, employees, outside vendors, and customers by addressing and resolving concerns quickly
- Lifts parts and equipment components that weigh a maximum of 70 pounds when assisting mechanics or working alone to make repairs to equipment.
- Follow all work, safety rules, and procedures
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned