Performs maintenance, repairs and rebuilding of Caterpillar or allied equipment under minimal supervision.
- Performs work assignments on all types of Caterpillar and or other equipment in a timely and efficient manner with a high level of quality.
- Lift parts and equipment components that weigh no more than 50 pounds when assisting mechanics or working alone to make repairs to equipment.
- Operate construction machinery being repaired in and out of shop service bays and test for performance.
- Write accurate and legible Service Reports, read and comprehend blueprints, technical data and service manuals.
- Required to possess a Commercial Driver's License based on departmental operational needs.
- Use and understand proper test equipment to troubleshoot for needed repairs.
- Project a positive company image with fellow employees, customers, and management; comply with company dress code.
- Keep work area clean and orderly; follow all work safety rules and procedures.
- Comply with all Contamination Control procedures.
- Ensure accuracy of work orders by charging parts and labor to proper work order segments while using the computer.
- Own and maintain sufficient hand tools to perform the job.
- Keep up to date with developments in tooling, technologies and systems.
- Required to work overtime when needed.
- Accumulate contaminated dirt and filters in drums. Complete stock transfer and transport full drums by forklift to Hazardous Waste Storage area.
- Work with hazardous waste and receive Hazardous Waste Training every year.
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned
Personal protective equipment and environment:
Safety glasses and steel toe shoes.