POSITION: Rental Support Specialist
SUMMARY Provide oversight for day-to-day PSD Rental operations while performing all related tasks and processes to maximize the financial performance of the fleet. Schedules/coordinates/monitors rental equipment repairs and maintenance. Evaluate/ monitor fleet maintenance expense.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills. Effective use of general software products
- Possess good mechanical and electrical aptitude...or demonstrated ability to learn
- Familiarity with power generation products and their application preferred
- Well organized with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Occasional odd hours and overnight travel
- Works with customers to properly size/apply rental gensets, air compressors and related equipment. Quotes rates, secures rental transactions, processes rental agreements.
- Manage incoming/outgoing shipments to ensure accurate and timely processing of documentation and procedure.
- Works with Whayne PSSEs & PSPRs to coordinate interdepartmental and customer rental needs.
- Arranges equipment shipping/transportation for rental deals, processes all related documents.
- Invoices rental transactions to customers, processes payments to shippers. Invoices Sale of Rent/Used projects.
- Monitors/schedules rental equipment maintenance events, coordinates maintenance service with all branch service departments.
- Coordinates rental equipment repairs (field & shop) with all branch service departments. Initiates maintenance/repair work orders, monitors and approves expense at work order closing. Works with the service departments to resolve incorrect or excessive work order charges.
- Provides “help desk” services for customers (internal & external) regarding equipment usage/function/troubleshooting, shipping and logistics issues.
- Provides customer interaction backup for PSD Rental/Used Rep.
- Maintains central scheduling databases for rental equipment, insures availability of machines per commitments.
- Accommodates customer emergency needs during nonscheduled work day/hours.
- Receives new Rental and Used equipment into DBS. Moves new inventory into rental account.
- Updates DBS with equipment additions/deletions rate information and other equipment-related information.
- Makes recommendations for fleet equipment and branch placement.
- Generates/provides monthly KPI reports to management.
- Reviews rental business and KPI data, makes recommendations for improvement and/or corrective actions to address areas of deficiency or poor performance