Position: Component Rebuilder
Summary: Performs repairs and rebuilding of Caterpillar and allied equipment under limited supervision. Properly uses all machinery and tooling to disassemble, recondition and assemble components.
- One year previous mechanical experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend repair manuals.
- Ability to use micrometer and other basic measuring tools.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
- Must be able to work overtime including weekends, as required.
- Lifts parts and equipment components that weigh a minimum of 70 pounds when assisting mechanics or working alone to make repairs to equipment.
- Performs various mechanical functions, to make repairs or rebuild components using appropriate tooling.
- Operates construction machinery to move same in and out of shop service bays and test.
- Operates material handling equipment as required.
- Learns to use all test equipment and procedures to correctly and safely make repairs.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly; follows all work safety rules and procedures.
- Projects a positive company image by interacting with fellow employees, customers, and management in a cooperative, supportive and courteous manner; displays an attitude of professionalism; complies with company dress code.
- Ensures accuracy of work orders by charging parts and labor to proper work order segment.
- Can stand for long periods of time.
- Can get up and down repeatedly.
- Can get into and work in tight areas.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Personal protective equipment and environment:
Steel toe shoes and safety glasses