Sells parts and helps customers solve parts problems by telephone or through electronic communication, identifies proper parts numbers, checks availability, recommends and sells parts as a service and as requested by customer; completes parts order forms, enters related information into the Data Processing system.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical knowledge of Caterpillar and Allied equipment, as related to parts specifications, normally obtained by 10 years of experience in parts warehousing operation or equivalent
- Ability to use computer terminal and learn necessary transaction codes for parts, credit and sales function
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Sells parts to the customer by telephone, electronic communication or telemarketing efforts
- Looks up part numbers, solves parts problems, checks availability, and prices parts for our customers or service department over the telephone or by electronic communication.
- Runs parts orders through our Data Processing system daily verifying all parts ordered are billed to the customer or service department
- Checks customer credit through our Data Processing system and Credit Department
- Explains backorder and payment policy to customers and gives authorization to expedite parts for the customer
- Reads, comprehends and files new parts books, NPR, IRM's, Service Mags., competitive information, etc.
- May be required to work overtime if needed
- Performs other duties as necessary and assigned