The Coordinator for the eCommerce Team will research, process, and complete customer requests for quotes and parts orders. An effective team member will demonstrate a willingness to learn about Caterpillar’s online Service Information System (SIS), as this will be used to correctly identify customer needs. Provides general administration to a variety of support functions and/or division/department functions. Supports internal and external customers in coordination with management, Caterpillar, other vendors, etc.
- Willingness to learn and be trained
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge/ability with customer service and support
- Able to communicate with team members and customers via email and over the phone
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, and computer programs in general
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with rapidly changing priorities and demands
- Assist work team to meet the objectives of the department and the company
- Process and maintain email orders, quotes, and invoices, timely and accurately that we receive from customers, sales reps, and other parts personnel within the company.
- Speak with customers over the phone and via email to fully comprehend order status, requests, and needs.
- Researches discrepancies as necessary and ensures that customers are informed of order status updates and appropriate lead times, freight charges
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of company management, customers, employees, and outside vendors both proactively and reactively
- Comply with all government regulations relevant to the position/area
- Recommend to manager ideas to improve the departments operating procedures or business practices and participate in and support continuous improvement of all related activities and processes
- Project a positive image by interacting with fellow employees, customers, and management in a cooperative, supportive, and courteous manner; display a professional attitude; comply with company dress code
- Create and maintain good communications (verbally and in writing) and relationships with other Company departments, branches, employees, outside vendors, and customers by addressing and resolving concerns quickly
- Follow all work, safety rules, and procedures
- Perform other duties as necessary, required, or assigned