Position: Power Systems Shop Technician
Performs maintenance, repairs and rebuilding of Caterpillar or allied equipment under
1. Performs work assignments on all types of Caterpillar and or other equipment in a timely and efficient manner with a high level of quality.
2. Lift parts and equipment components that weigh a maximum of 70 pounds when assisting mechanics or working alone to make repairs to equipment.
3. Operate construction machinery being repaired in and out of shop service bays and test for performance.
4. Write accurate and legible Service Reports, read and comprehend blueprints, technical data and service manuals.
5. Required to possess a Commercial Driver's License based on departmental operational needs.
6. Use and understand proper test equipment to troubleshoot for needed repairs.
7. Project a positive company image with fellow employees, customers, and management; comply with company dress code.
8. Keep work area clean and orderly; follow all work safety rules and procedures.
9. Comply with all Contamination Control procedures.
10. Ensure accuracy of work orders by charging parts and labor to proper work order segments while using the computer.
11. Own and maintain sufficient hand tools to perform the job.
12. Keep up to date with developments in tooling, technologies and systems.
13. Required to work overtime when needed.
14. Accumulate contaminated dirt and filters in drums. Complete stock transfer and transport full drums by forklift to Hazardous Waste Storage area.
15. Work with hazardous waste and receive Hazardous Waste Training every year.
16. Perform other duties as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Complete the "Tech Pro" program in order to advance to a #1 Shop Technician.
Personal protective equipment and environment:
Safety glasses and steel toe shoes.