Performs preventive maintenance on Caterpillar and allied construction machinery without supervision. Possesses the technical knowledge and experience to capably complete work assignments in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain a valid Commercial Driver’s License and have the ability to operate company service trucks under DOT regulations.
- Ability to lift no more than 50 pounds (engine, transmission and hydraulic parts and components)
- Performs preventive maintenance and minor repairs on Caterpillar and allied construction machinery using appropriate tooling and test equipment to capably complete the work in a timely and efficient manner with a high level of quality.
- Operates construction machinery, when appropriate to perform job assignment.
- Operates material handling equipment as required.
- Reads and comprehends, technical data/service manuals and writes legibly.
- May be required to stay overnight near job site and be available to provide service to customers on a 24 hour seven day week basis.
- Ability to review, schedule, and plan machines for Preventive Maintenance in a timely and efficient manner.
- Performs preventive maintenance on CAT and allied construction machinery at customer’s job site or at Company Shop in a timely and efficient manner with a high level of quality.
- Uses proper test equipment to analyze and evaluate condition of machinery being serviced.
- Follows company work rules, job safety, and complies with DOT Hours of Service requirement.
- Projects a positive company image by interacting with fellow employees, customers, and management in a cooperative, supportive and courteous manner; displays an attitude of professionalism; complies with company dress code.
- Maintains company truck in a safe, clean, operable condition. Obeys state and company rules of the road. If accident occurs, fills out reports promptly.
- Writes accurate, legible service reports immediately upon completion of job; keeps accurate time on job and turns in cards in a timely manner.
- Capable of properly training a Preventive Maintenance Person on procedures, techniques, and safety rules.
- Provides feedback and suggestions as to the development of the Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Ensures accuracy of work orders by charging parts and labor to proper work order segment; uses computer terminal for parts transactions.
- Owns updates and maintains sufficient hand tools to perform the job.
- May be required to work overtime, or irregular shift, if needed.
- Comply with State/Federal and Company EPA regulations for prompt reporting of accidental release of environmentally regulated material(s) assigned to vehicle.
- Performs other duties as directed.